Over the last couple of weeks The Boy Genius Report has taunted us with pictures, videos and screenshots from a device that most believe is a Motorola Droid (aka Sholes, aka Tao). Finally BGR has brought the Droid out of the shadows and we see it in all it’s glory.
Not an in depth review, but several nice pictures and it does confirm many of the rumors we’ve heard about this phone.
- It does run Android 2.0 (Eclair)
- It is only a couple of millimeters thicker than an iPhone 3Gs including the slide out keyboard
- It is the fastest Android phone out there (running a TI OMAP3430 processor)
Plus, they offer up these juicy tidbits:
- Google had direct input on the design of this phone. They even imply that Google dictated virtually every move Motorola made regarding this phone.
- It will come with a docking cradle/charger that will allow it to become a desktop info screen, displaying weather and time. (One could assume this could spawn a whole slew of apps such as a stock ticker, sports score scroll, news updates, RSS headlines, etc…)
It looks like this could be a win-win-win for Motorola, Google and Verizon.