How to Upload from Picasa to flickr
- Login to your flickr account at http://www.flickr.com.
- Click on this link:
- At the top of the right column you’ll see something like this (the email address will be different):
Email your photos to this address:
- Make note of the email address created specifically for your account.
- Create a contact in your email address book using the email address. You can name it ‘flickr Upload’, or whatever you want.
- Open Picasa
- Select the photo(s) you want to upload. (Hold down the CTRL key while clicking to select multiple photos.)
- Click the ‘Email’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose your preferred form of email from the popup.
(Note: Click the ‘Remember this setting, don’t display this dialog again.’ Checkbox before you choose your preferred email program to always use the same form of email.)
- Send the email to the contact you created earlier, or type the email address in the ‘To’ field of your email.
- The subject of the email will be the picture’s title.
- The body of the email will be the description, so you’ll want to delete the Picasa-generated message body even if you don’t want to add a description.
- To add flickr tags to your photo add the following line after your description:
Tags: First “Second Tag”
(Note: Tags are like keywords for your photos. Click here to see some of the most popular tags or to search tags. Separate each tag with a space. Tags with multiple words should be enclosed by quotes. Click here to learn more about tags.)
- Click ‘Send’.
The photo(s) will probably appear on your flickr home page in a matter of seconds. (Click ‘Refresh’) While it usually happens this quickly, it has taken up to 10 minutes before, so give it some time if they don’t show up at first.